Broadcaster and Sports Writer — Price
Emery Telcom Video has an opening for a Broadcaster and Sports Writer. Under the direction of the ETV Manager, this person will film and broadcast local high school sporting events and other community events. The Broadcaster and Sports Writer will also obtain content, design, and edit business commercials, advertisement spots for the ETV, and other content. Also, this person will interview people regarding local sports, write about sporting events, and help with other news stories and community events for ETV news.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Responsible for filming, editing, scheduling and arranging for the airing of video content, including high school sports, local events and business commercials
- Write news articles regarding local high school sporting events, and edits articles as required for ETV News
- Add audio and video graphics to the content to make the content appealing to viewers
- Develop concepts, scripts and scheduling of the content on ETV Channels 10 and 6
- Become familiar with all company programs used to capture, edit and produce content, including Adobe Suite
- Coordinate obtaining local content material for production and broadcasting for ETV 10 and 6
- Assists in identifying sources of other content, such as but not limited to: community events; little league ball games; dance performances; pageants; political meetings; rodeo events; and segment material.
- Assists in selling advertisements on ETV Channels 10 and 6, which includes travel throughout Carbon, Emery and Grand counties
- Other duties as assigned.
Position Status: This is a full-time position with benefits. This person will work in the Price ETV News office.