Business Service Technician — Moab/Monticello/Blanding
Emery Telcom Video has a full-time position open for a Business Service Technician in the Moab, Monticello, and Blanding area. The standard hours for this position are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Some after-hours and weekend work will be required. This person will install, troubleshoot, and maintain phone, internet, and video services and equipment at the business customer's premise. This person will also help with computer and networking services for business customers.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Install and configure network switches and small business routers
- Install and configure business telephone systems and wireless networking equipment
- Install and troubleshoot customer computers, printers, and software
- Install Cat5e and RG-6 wiring and connectors
- Must be able to learn telecommunications technology and practices
- Report to work on time each day
- Responsible for all installation jobs as assigned each day
- Responsible for all troubleshooting jobs as assigned each day
- Place aerial or underground service lines to the customer’s premises
- Place individual service outlets to feed individual TV/internet/phone locations at customer’s premise
- Install equipment as needed (cable modems, set top boxes, etc.)
- Use step ladders and extension ladders to reach heights necessary for installing service lines. Heights may be upwards of 35 feet.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a clean driving record.
- Pre-employment drug screen and background checks are required.