Construction & Cable TV Technician - Moab Area
Emery Telcom Video has a full time position open for a Construction & Cable TV Technician in the Moab. The standard hours for this position are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Some after-hours and weekend work will be required. This person will help with underground construction projects including burying conduit, drops, and mainline cable. This person will also help install, trouble shoot, and maintain cable TV services and equipment at the customer's premise. This includes internet, cable TV, and phone services. This person will also market and sell cable TV services to customers
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all construction jobs as assigned each day
- Responsible for all installation jobs as assigned each day
- Responsible for all trouble-shooting jobs as assigned each day
- Must be able to learn Cable TV/telecommunications technology
- Use appropriate construction equipment for projects
- Place aerial or underground drops to the customer 's premises
- Place conduit and mainline cable to the customer 's premises
- Locate underground cables as needed
- Place outlets to feed individual TV/internet/phone locations at customer 's premise
- Install equipment as needed (cable modems, set top boxes, etc.)
- Use step ladders and extension ladders to reach heights necessary for installing services. Heights may be upwards of 35 feet.
- Must possess a valid driver 's license and have a clean driving record. CDL preferred
- Pre-employment drug screen and background checks are required.