Network Technician — Carbon County
Emery Telecommunications & Video has a full-time position open for a Network Technician. The standard hours for this position are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Some after-hours and weekend work will be required. This person will perform networking and business system support functions including installation, configuration, and maintenance of equipment used to provide information services to Emery Telcom customers and employees. A bachelor degree in information systems/related field or equivalent experience is preferred. Technician must live in report to an office in Emery Telcom’s serving area due ot the hands-on nature of equipment and infrastructure work.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Install, configure, and maintain network routers and switches for internal and customer facing networks.
- Install, configure, and maintain DWDM transport equipment.
- Install, configure, and maintain FTTH and DOCSIS access network equipment and services.
- Install and maintain central office infrastructure including equipment and cable racks and DC power.
- Assist in operation and maintenance of the telephone voice switch, ancillary services, and equipment including software and configuration updates.
- Assist in the selection, configuration, and documentation of customer premise equipment used in deploying data, voice, and video services.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of network maps, diagrams, documentation, monitoring, alarming, and the security of the voice and IP networks.
- Provide basic support of internal billing and tracking systems including entry of new equipment and facilities for record keeping and deployment of services to customers.
- May be asked to assist with administration of Linux and/or MS Windows servers including performing system updates and security patches, installing and configuring software, and troubleshooting applications such as DHCP, LDAP, TACACS+, DNS, and email.
- May be asked to assist helping with business services issues and projects.
- Provide support to the business sales and installation team for voice and data services.
- Provide support to customer service representatives for voice and data services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Call Ryan Sharp @ 435-748-3144, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the employment application linked below:Employment Application