Accountant - Orangeville
Accounting Department Position Summary:
This position would assist the CFO and Accounting Supervisor in maintaining the financial records of the company. Reviews, analyzes and interprets financial data. Prepares various financial statements and reports. Responsibilities may include: maintaining general ledger; initiating posting and adjusting entries; reconciliation of general ledger accounts; compliance reporting; accounting for federal grants; and billing/collection functions. Ensures compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Works on accounting tasks for Emery Telcom and nine subsidiary companies
- Ensures compliance with and process reimbursements for federal grants
- Prepares journal entries
- Reconciles general ledger accounts
- Performs billing and customer audits
- Assists in compliance for state and federal Universal Service funding
- Assists in accounting-period ending processes as assigned
- Works with confidential data
- Completes regular assignments as assigned
- Other duties assigned as needed
Experience/Education: Previous accounting experience helpful but not required. At least a bachelor’s degree in accounting or the ability to obtain a bachelor degree is preferred. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
Location: This position will be located in Orangeville Utah. This position will be full-time with benefits.