Business IT Network Technician - Install/Repair Technician — Carbon County
Emery Telecommunications and Video has a full-time position open for a Business IT Network Technician Install/Repair Technician in the Carbon/Emery County area. The standard hours for this position are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Some after-hours and weekend work will be required. This person will Install, test, program, repair, maintain, and assist in selling multi-line telephone systems, hosted PBXs, camera systems, data transmission equipment, applications and associated peripheral equipment including private and switchless services and applications. Services and applications might include telephone system equipment, including IP telephone systems, data equipment, inside wiring, and other MSP related product installation and maintenance. This person will conduct acceptance tests after installation of new equipment, repairs troubles in maintained equipment and will be required on occasion to assist other Network Technicians. This person coordinates with other departments on service installations and changes to update billing, facility and other company records. This person completes all installation and repair-related forms and reports.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Works closely with current and prospective Emery Telcom customers to determine their business needs.
- May be required to help customers with setting up network hardware/software in a business setting, i.e. servers, computers, printers, business programs/anti-virus, and backup solutions.
- Responsible to install, test, program, repair, and maintain multi-line telephone systems, hosted PBXs, camera systems, data transmission equipment, applications, services and associated peripheral equipment.
- Use computers to set up electronic systems and applications.
- Keep detailed written record of your activities
- Install and maintain routers, switches and firewalls.
- Install modems, special circuit equipment, PBX business systems and applications to complete VoIP installations.
- Evaluate customer’s communications needs and recommend additional products/services when appropriate.
- Determines routes for and may install inside wiring and cabling.
- Prepares job specifications and may assist with drafting bids.
- May also be required to install, program, repair, and maintain other non-regulated equipment and services.
- Uses standard and special purpose hand tools and test equipment to troubleshoot, analyze, repair and/or remove and replace defective telephonic equipment.
- Conducts acceptance tests after installation of new equipment and repairs trouble in maintained equipment.
- Complies with all industry standards, safety rules, and regulations.
- Coordinates and works with sales department regarding walk through and installation of Key/PBX systems.
- Coordinates with other departments on service installations and changes to update billing, facility and other company records. Completes all installation and repair-related forms and reports.
- Provides any necessary information for billing purposes.
- Interprets wiring diagrams, service manuals, manufacturer technical data and other technical publications
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management. *
- Use step ladders and extension ladders to reach heights necessary for installing service lines. Heights may be upwards of 35 feet.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a clean driving record.
Call Ryan Sharp @ 435-748-3144, email email@example.com, or fill out the employment application linked below:Employment Application