Cable TV Technician — Moab, Monticello, and Blanding Areas
Emery Telcom Video has a full-time position open for a IT Network Technician in the Moab, Monticello, and Blanding area. The standard hours for this position are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Some after-hours and weekend work will be required. This person will Install, test, program, repair, maintain, and assist in selling multi-line telephone systems, hosted PBXs, camera systems, data transmission equipment, applications and associated peripheral equipment including private and switchless services and applications. Services and applications might include telephone system equipment, including IP telephone systems, data equipment, inside wiring, and other MSP related product installation and maintenance. Conducts acceptance tests after installation of new equipment. Repairs troubles in maintained equipment and will be required on occasion to assist other Network Technicians. Coordinates with other departments on service installations and changes to update billing, facility and other company records. Completes all installation and repair-related forms and reports.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Responsible to install, test, program, repair, and maintain multi-line telephone systems, hosted PBXs, camera systems, data transmission equipment, applications services and associated peripheral equipment.
- Use computers to set up electronic systems and applications.
- Keep detailed written record of your activities
- Install and maintain routers, switches and firewalls.
- Install modems, special circuit equipment, PBX business systems and applications to complete VoIP installations.
- Evaluate customer’s communications needs and recommend additional products/services when appropriate.
- Determines routes for and may install inside wiring and cabling.
- Prepares job specifications and may assist with drafting bids.
- May also be required to install, program, repair, and maintain other non-regulated equipment and services.
- Uses standard and special purpose hand tools and test equipment to troubleshoot, analyze, repair and/or remove and replace defective telephonic equipment.
- Conducts acceptance tests after installation of new equipment and repairs trouble in maintained equipment.
- Complies with all industry standards, safety rules, and regulations.
- Coordinates and works with sales department regarding walk through and installation of Key/PBX systems.
- Coordinates with other departments on service installations and changes to update billing, facility and other company records. Completes all installation and repair-related forms and reports.
- Provides any necessary information for billing purposes.
- Interprets wiring diagrams, service manuals, manufacturer technical data and other technical publications
- Attends and participates in company safety and training meetings.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management. *
- Use step ladders and extension ladders to reach heights necessary for installing service lines. Heights may be upwards of 35 feet.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a clean driving record.
- Pre-employment drug screen and background checks are required.