Purchasing/Warehouse Accountant - Price
Accounting Department Position Summary:
This position will assist the accounting department by being the lead person for all purchasing, plant accounting and major warehousing duties. The duties will include inventory purchasing for all operations, inventory reconciliation, plant accounting, work order reconciliation, and warehousing as needed. Other duties may be assigned. The position will primarily work in the Price Office, but will have responsibilities in assisting with inventory management in other areas of the company.
- Develops relationships with all vendors pertinent to maintaining the inventory needs of Emery Telcom and its subsidiaries
- Works with management to maintain proper lead times on all inventory orders. This includes supporting current and future projects as well as daily operations
- Performs all accounting functions related to inventory procurement, inventory tracking, work orders, and asset management
- Works with management to develop processes and procedures that will help place, track, and distribute all inventory for the Company
- Prepares journal entries as needed
- Reconciles general ledger accounts as needed
- Assists in accounting-period ending processes as assigned
- Works with confidential data
- Completes regular assignments as assigned
Previous accounting and purchasing experience helpful. A bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.